Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions, Comments, Fun And Anything Else About Swagbucks and Other Ways to Help You Earn

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wendy1

Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding) Empty
PostSubject: Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding)   Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 am

Homemade Capirotada (bread pudding) Like a Star @ heaven 

Ingredients:  
1-2 Baguettes sliced.
2 Piloncillos (or 2 cups of brown sugar and a bit of molasses)
6 whole tomatoes
1 small packet of cinnamon powder (or 10 cinnamon sticks)
4 cups of water (check and see if you need more depending on the consistency)
½ lb of Oaxaca cheese ( you can use to your taste any good melting cheese or add a bit of cotija cheese as well) cut in squares.
6 cloves
2 plantain bananas (sliced)
1 cup ea (biznaga candy or dried pineapple bits), prunes, choped walnuts, natural peanuts)
Canola oil (or the oil you use for frying)
2 sticks of butter

Preparation:
In a frying pan place the oil and butter (as needed). Add the bread until you have a crispy consistency. Set aside.
Add the bananas to the pan and more butter until golden brown. Set aside.
In a large pot add the water, piloncillo, cloves, tomatoes, cinnamon and let it boil until it is dissolved. It will have a soupy consistency and then you can strain it.
In a pot (or a deep casserole pan) add butter to the sides and bottom.  Start laying the bread until covered and add a layer of bananas, cheese, prunes, biznaga, walnuts and peanuts. Add the liquid until soaked completely and repeat the process until you finish the last layer.
Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Let cool down.  
Enjoy with a glass of milk or coffee. I love you 

*This is my grandmother’s recipe. I love to eat it in a bowl and adding cold milk. I feel like a kid again.  I hope you can find the original ingredients for this recipe, and enjoy it as our family does.
Back to top Go down
oops

Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding)   Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Wow..that is an interesting ingredient list. Must try it!!! Thank you for posting this!
Back to top Go down

Grandma's Capirotada (bread pudding)
Page 1 of 1